Monday, August 13, 2012

4 iPhone Dilemma

And so I'm back with updating my blog. You may have noticed that Last July, I totally forgot that I was going to pursue with this blog and all. I was really busy focusing on work too much for one goal - and that goal is what I will be writing in this post.

iphone 4, 4s, iphone 5
These past few months, my girlfriend has been nagging me with buying myself an iPhone as she is a user herself. I had the budget to get one but for some reason I don't think that I really needed the phone that time. For me, as long as my phone looks decent, I can make calls and text and a picture maybe here and there - is all I wanted. So when I bought this Nokia N97 mini a year ago, I was totally satisfied (I'm actually using it right now in writing this post lol). Lately, I somewhat realized that my n97 served me well these past year and deserves a rest. Well okay t
o be honest I feel like I'm being left out with all these people and technology passing by so fast that I need to catch up. So I finally decided to purchase an iPhone. We all know that Apple annually comes up with their new phone and this year they'll be introducing iPhone 5. I know that this new phone will cost pretty high since it is apple's latest offering and I can get one if I wanted to. BUT, I'm a financial blogger now and of all people I should know that an iPhone 5 for me is not a necessity. I told myself I will buy myself an iPhone but not 5, well maybe not for now. So I finally came up with the decision to settle either for an iPhone 4 or a 4s. This is  where the hard part in choosing comes. I know this has been a dilemma as well for all of those who recently purchased a 4 or 4s. One good thing is that there are tons of websites and posts and blogs and videos and news and everything regarding comparison of phones. But in the end, the decision lies in my hands. I've read almost all of them and up to now I haven't really decided on what to get myself. But the main summary of those reviews and comparison is that pretty much both phones are the same, their only main difference is that 4 has a 5megapixel camera while 4s has 8MP and of course Siri (which could also be  installed at iP4). Putting these phone specs reviews aside, the other perspective to consider is the price. Basically I could save some bucks if I choose 4. I read in an article about Apple's iPhone prices going down in preparation of sellers to the release of the new ip5. It is not a surprise that retailers suddenly dropped the prices of 4 and 4s as they should invest more on the much awaited iPhone 5. It also stated there that if the predictions are right,  when iPhone 5 comes out next month or so there will be a huge cut off on the current price of 4 and 4s.This is what's really  bugging me, the fact that I could purchase an iPhone now or should I just wait for 1 more month 'til the prices dropped off to save more money.

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I love apple but I have to say galaxy series are way better than iphone. Guys try out BoggleMania and Hatch-a-Word android games from google play

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diwali,

    My mom recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S III and told me that instead of buying iPhone, I should try out S3 - she kept on saying how great the phone was. Thanks for the feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be A great iPhone. Seems the eat it has been was apple had a technology breakthrough with each phone then all the other companies took it and ran with it. But this is going to smash all other companies innovative ideas. This iPhone will be extremely popular. Cheers, @Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Speak Out!

 

Save On Money Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates